See the International Patent Litigation conference agenda for the latest information.
Chaired by The Right Hon. Professor Sir Robin Jacob, IBC’s International Patent Litigation brings together all the big issues in international patent litigation with the most experienced presenters.
Now that political agreement has been reached on the Unified Patent Court agreement, progress will be swift towards signature (estimated January 2013) and ratification. This conference is ideally timed to update you on progress; industry speakers will explain any reservations they have but also why strategies for patent prosecution and enforcement under the new system need to be developed now.
Other highly topical issues include cross-border injunctions (are they really back on the agenda?), the on-going trials and tribulations in the electronics sector and continuing complexity of the SPC provisions.
Away from Europe, there is a timely update on America Invents and the realities of patent litigation in China.
In just one day you will:
• The Right Hon. Professor Sir Robin Jacob, Former Lord Justice, COURT OF APPEAL OF ENGLAND & WALES
• David Rosenberg, Industry Affairs Manager within the Corporate IP Department, GSK
• Tim Frain, Director, IP Regulatory, Legal & Intellectual Property, NOKIA
• Pierre Véron, Avocat, VÉRON & ASSOCIÉS AVOCATS, FRANCE
• Richard Vary, Head of Litigation, NOKIA
• Sean Dennehey, Deputy Chief Executive, UK INTELLECTUAL PATENT OFFICE
• Hans van Walderveen, Judge, DISTRICT COURT, THE HAGUE
• Kevin Mooney, Partner, SIMMONS & SIMMONS
• Richard Ebbink, Partner, BRINKHOF, NETHERLANDS
• Morag Macdonald, Partner, Joint Head of the International Intellectual Property Group, BIRD & BIRD
• Dr Andreas von Falck, Partner, HOGAN LOVELLS, GERMANY
• Bryan Diner, Partner, FINNEGAN, US
• Ken Adamo, Partner, KIRKLAND & ELLIS LLP, US
• Alex Wilson, Partner, POWELL GILBERT LLP
• Peter-Michael Weisse, LL.M. Attorney & Partner, WILDANGER, GERMANY
• Bert Oosting, Partner, HOGAN LOVELLS, NETHERLANDS
• James Boon, Partner, BRISTOWS
• Gordon Wright, Partner, ELKINGTON & FIFE LLP
• Dr. Nongfan Zhu, Partner & Co-Head of IP Group, KING & WOOD MALLESONS, CHINA
"A packed and informative programme with high calibre presenters"